Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Paragraph Numero Uno

Today's paragraph was a recreation of one of my favorite Iowa-exercises--writing as badly as you possibly can, to break down any fear you have of writing badly. Never underestimate the power of pulp. Here's an excerpt:

Tafoyla threw back her long, silky, red, ravishing hair and cried out, "Never! You shall never have my father's diamond mines, although you have most cruelly killed my former lover Troxel with your vicious knife-fighting skills, I will never love you!"

We have Avana to thank for the names. You have to imagine 'Tafoyla' with a southern Jersey accent to make it even funnier. Maybe tomorrow I'll write something, I dunno, good.

Postscript: Happy Birthday to Virginia Woolf!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

that made me laugh out loud... that was awesome!

congrats on this new challenge