Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I was reading, and I learned something new.

The bhajan is a traditional Hindu devotional song.

Most were written between the fourteenth and seventeenth centuries as a result of the Bhakti revivalist movement.

This movement's center was the idea that to attain spiritual salvation a person had only to attain a pure and selfless love of God.

For some interesting discussion, see Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger, and Deuteronomy 6:4-9.

For more on the Bhakti movement:
from Answers.com
from Wikipedia

To listen: Here (with RealPlayer) (I like the one labeled "Aiso ko udaar")

3 comments:

Daniel said...

sweet post! there is a lot for me to learn in these links! another reference to that book, i guess i have to start reading...

thanks em

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»