Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A visit to the Denver Art Museum

Click each image for a better version.

http://www.denverartmuseum.org/home


Crowns of some saints in Niccolo di Pietro's Madonna and Child with the Saints.


Frame of the Master of San Miniato's Madonna and Child with Angels.


A detail of the bottom of a painted frame : the Master of San Miniato's Madonna and Child with Angels.


A detail from the bottom of a painted frame : Bernardino Pintoricchio's Madonna with Blessing Child.


Watchtower; earthenware with green glaze; the Han Dynasty, 206 BCE - 220 CE.

2 comments:

D. Chien said...

For some reason I really like the fact that the saints don't have faces in your sketch of the crowns.... I think that's my favorite out of this post.

And as I'm sure you could have guessed, I'm a fan of the little mule/horse/donkey figurine in front of the Han Dynasty watchtower. (MAYBE IT'S A LLAMA)

E. Garcia said...

I like the saints too! Though I wish I could've communicated in pencil how beautiful the patterns were on the frame--I think it helps that they were largely in gold, haha!

DEFINITELY LLAMA.