Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Denver Botanical Gardens Part II










































My old friend scabiosa. (Specifically scabiosa caucasia, variety 'Deep waters'.)










































Eryngium giganteum, whose common name--no joke--is "Miss Willmott's Ghost."


















Salvia pachyphylla, called Mojave Sage and native to California, Arizona, and Nevada.

























In the garden's "Perennial Walk", posing not just with the flowers and the hedge but ALSO with the Big Red Crane behind me, which I decided I want to learn how to operate.















Any trip to Denver means stopping at Sakura Square and our beloved Oriental Food Market.

They're not flowers, but if I could catalogue my childhood, each of these would have a Latin and common name.

1 comment:

D. Chien said...

*burbles happily*

And - "Mrs. Wilmott's Ghost"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you can't guess where I'm going with this. :P

Also, DRESS AND SANDALS! Squee!