Friday, January 22, 2010

Day One : Clafouti

As for most people, the ends of things unsettle me. I end up eating incredibly spicy food, wearing very bright colors, and doing impulsive, intense (occasionally stupid) things.

Our semester just finished, and I have ten days at home. My brain has just been forcefully filled and emptied of the Bhagavadgita, the Revelation to John, and Les Fleurs du Mal. At the end of fourteen intense days, I finished three classes, three final papers, and the first semester of my last undergrad year.

Potential solutions for this momentary emptiness included : burning my tongue with multiple daily cups of boiling coffee, snacking on whole jalapeños, a new wardrobe entirely in candy-apple red, re-organizing my entire room, or walking to Montana.

I’m going with the most practical one : FOOD. Trying new recipes, and perfecting old ones.

Day One back home called for pear clafouti, a favorite from this summer.




No comments: